Reedition of Junkers J.I in 72nd scale in ProfiPACK edition.
- plastic parts: Eduard
- No. of decal options: 4
- Decals: Eduard
- PE parts: yes
- painting mask: no
- Junkers J.1, 101/17, Flieger Abteilung (A) 250, Autumn 1917
- Junkers J.1, 134/ 17 "A", Flieger Abteilung (A) 263
- Junkers J.1, 586/ 18, Villers la Chevres, September 1918
- Junkers J.1, 596/ 18, 1918
- Paul writes: Time: 23:27 Date: 25.07.2014 Rating:
- I thought this kit was a challenging but splendid model; fun to build. I used the three views in the Windsock DataFile on the J.I to flatten the inaccurate dihedral in the top wing, and to build a jig out of Evergreen plastic shapes to space the top wing and the fuselage apart in the correct relationship. I replaced all of the kit struts with Strutz material and added a photo etched shroud to the Parabellum MG. Also, I substituted TechMod lozenge decals for the kit lozenge decals. The kit lozenge decals were too brittle, and chipped on the edges when I trimmed them. You can see my build at www(dot)scale1(dash)72(dot)com.