Pacific Lightnings 1/48
Limited edition of the P-38J and L series, focused on the Pacific theatre service.
The kit in the 1/48 scale is based on Academy plastic parts.
The increasing value of this kit is made by the Eduard additional detailing sets (exclusively included in this kit only).
The Eduard Brassin accessories cover the cockpit:
- pilot's compartment bay
- pilot's seat
- armor plate behind the seat
- radio equipment
- the superchargers (the entire supercharger, plus the supercharger intakes located on the engine sides)
- landing gear wheels (including the front wheel, with superb details on their discs, also as the fine tire pattern)
The photo-etched accessories (colored) contain:
- the instrument panel
- air intake strainers
- structure of the coolers intakes
- landing gear interior
- various exterior details
The decal sheet designed by Eduard and printed by Cartograf features six colorful and attractive markings for Pacific theatre Lightnings serving with various USAAF units.
- P-38L-5, s/n 44-25863, flown by Capt. Ken Hart, 431st FS, 475th FG, Lingayen, the Philippines, June, 1945
- P-38L-5, flown by Capt. Bob DeHaven, 7th FS, 49th FG, Tacloban, October, 1944
- P-38L, flown by Lt. M. M. Jarboe, 36th FS, 8th FG, Ie Shima, Okinawa, May 1945
- P-38J-15, s/n 42-103921, flown by Lt. Richard L. West, 35th FS, 8th FG, Owi, July, 1944
- P-38J-10, s/n 42-67590, flown by Capt. Jay T. Robbins, CO, 80th FS, 8th FG, Finschhafen, December, 1943
- P-38L, flown by the CO of 70th FS, 18th F FG, Moret Field, Zamboanga, the Philippines, 1945
Only 1500 boxes available.
Model length: 230mm
Plastic parts: 162
PE parts, eduard mask
Made in Czech Republic.