P-38F/ G/H - Early Lightnings 1/48
Limited edition of the P-38F/G/H Lightning (early versions) in the 1/48 scale is based on Academy plastic parts.
The increased value of this kit is added by the Eduard additional detailing sets (exclusively included in this kit only).
The Eduard Brassin accessories covers the cockpit (pilot’s compartment bay, pilot’s seat, armor plate behind the seat, radio equipment), the superchargers (the entire supercharger, plus the supercharger intakes located on the engine sides) and landing gear wheels (including the front wheel, with superb details on their discs, also as the fine tire pattern).
The photoetched accessories (colored) contains the instrument panel and seatbelts, air intake strainers and structure of the coolers intakes, landing gear interior and various exterior details.
The decal sheet designed by Eduard and printed by Cartograf features six colorful and attractive markings for early Lightnings serving with various USAAF units.
- P-38F-5-LO, s/n 42-12623, flown by Capt. Robert L. Faurot, 35th FG, 39th FS, Port Moresby, New Guinea, January, 1943
- P-38F-15-LO, s/n 43-2166 , 1st FG, 27th FS, Tunisia, 1943
- P-38G-15-LO, flown by Lt. James Hagenback, 1st FG, 94th FS, Monserrato, Sardinia, 1943
- P-38H-5-LO, flown by Lt. Kenneth G. Ladd, 8th FG, 80th FS, Dobodura AB, New Guinea, February, 1944
- P-38H-5-LO, s/n 42-67008, flown by Lt. A. F. Thompson, 80th FG, 459th FS, Burma, 1944
- P-38G-13-LO, s/n 43-2264, flown by Lt. Rex Barber, 347th FG, 339th FS, Guadalcanal, April 18, 1943
Only 1500 boxes available.
Model length: 230mm
Wingspan: 328 mm
Plastic parts: 162
PE parts, express mask.